installing the zotero plugin in word 2016

Hi,
I found the way the document explain how to install the Zotero plugin is misleading.
The page is not efficient. There is a simple way for installing the plugin which is not described. Or at least I didn't find it practical.
However I can't change the text, even when I am log in in the wikiaccount.
Moreover I could translate the plug in page to French.
How to do ? :/
Jonathan
  • Moderators need to enable Wiki accounts to protect against vandalism. Which page are you referring, to, though? The Word processor add-on pages are generally very carefully maintained and I'd rather have any changes discussed here first, especially from a first time contributor. (And generally there is no need to install the Word add-on. It is installed automatically with Zotero)
  • hello,
    I refer to that one : https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation

It doesn't explain well the situation I was facing this Morning. I had installed Word 2016 and than Zotero. However, the plugin didn't come up automatically in word, as it does usually (I reinstalled Zotero two times to be sure).

I next found this page, which is very complex : https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation

It would be better to make clear on the first one that one can do:

Zotero > preference > "citer" (in French) > "word processing" (in French : "traitement de texte"), which is a very small tab next to "style" tab > click on "install the word plug in" button.

In addition, this button is not to be find in the 'extension' (Zotero > Tools > extension) which just said to me that the plug-in was working properly… A link might be done there to this magic button.

Sorry for mixing the French and English, as I use the software in French. I hope this message is understandable.

Best,
    Jonathan
  • It would be better to make clear on the first one that one can do:

Zotero > preference > "citer" (in French) > "word processing" (in French : "traitement de texte"), which is a very small tab next to "style" tab > click on "install the word plug in" button.
    That's literally what it says:
    You can reinstall the plugins later from the Cite → Word Processor Plugins pane of the Zotero preferences.