Using quotes

Hi, I'm a relatively new Zotero user and would be very grateful for some advice. I am part of a team preparing a report and one of my tasks is the references and reference list. I find that Zotero has been a great help. However I have run into a problem I can't solve.

Basically there are a lot of the same sources (books, book chapters, reports, articles) that are used at many different parts in the text and sometimes there are excerpted quotes. Is there a style that allows me to give the pagenumber in the text (after the number of the actual source) and not in the reference list?

We would like to use a Vancouver type style but we are not fuzzy about details of how the reference list looks. The most important issue is that references should appear in the text within parenteses (1) or brackets [1], not by author name.
In the text I would like to be able to do this: (1, p.53) or [1, p.53].
I'm not getting this to work when using the default Vancouver style.
Is there another style that would be more useful to me?

I will be most grateful for any advice!
Thank you in advance
Sara
  • There aren't many, but a couple of options: IEEE does [1, p. 53] (but has a weird format for multiple cites, [1], [2] instead of [1, 2]) and AMA does 1 (p. 53)
  • Thank you adamsmith for the suggestion! However, I found another way of getting what I want - which is to use the suffix-option. Which seem to work really well.

Best,
    Sara