Launcher on Ubuntu 19.04

I've had followed all the instructions of the page "Installation instructions" for Linux. I've moved the extracted directory to /opt/Zotero. I've run the set_launcher_icon. I've symlink zotero.desktop to ~/.local/share/applications. Zotero doesn't appear on my launcher. I've tried something else: symlink zotero.desktop to my desktop. Then, an icon appears. If I click on it, it opens the file and I read the script:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Zotero
Exec=bash -c "$(dirname $(readlink -f %k))/zotero -url %U"
Icon=/home/david/Zotero_linux-x86_64/chrome/icons/default/default256.png
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Categories=Office;
MimeType=text/plain
But Zotero doen't open. To lauch it, I have to open a terminal and do bash zotero, being inside the Zotero directory. Not the simplest way to do so, I guess, but... Any help for that? I've looked on the forum and found nothing specific. Am I wrong? Thanks
  • Just change the Exec line to Exec=/opt/Zotero/zotero -url %U. To get the icon to show, you would also have to change the Icon= line. Alternately, you can install the (unofficially repackaged) .debs from https://github.com/retorquere/zotero-deb. These are the official binaries, just wrapped in a .deb installer.
  • edited May 2, 2019
    The default command should work though — that's the point of it.
    If I click on it, it opens the file and I read the script
    @Daseb: You're saying the .desktop file opens in a text editor? That seems like a configuration problem in your Ubuntu installation.

Forget about the symlink for the moment. When you run set_launcher_icon from a terminal, zotero.desktop should change visually to the Zotero icon and the title "Zotero" (possibly after you double-click it the first time). Does that happen? Can you double-click on it there? Does Zotero start?