Mac Libre Office Plugin Installation

Dear all,

I'm using a macOs Mojave 10.14.4.
and I read the guidelines to install the Zotero Plugin in Libre Office:

"1)Open LibreOffice Extension Manager in Tools > Extension Manager.
2)Click Add in the Extension Manager dialog.
3) In your Zotero installation directory, navigate to zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/install.
4) Choose the Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt file.
5) Restart LibreOffice and check if the Zotero toolbar appears under View > Toolbars."

However, I cannot find the Zotero installation directory in the Application folder.

Or perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?
Do you have any suggestions?

I'm stuck at point 3.

Thank you very much,
A
  • The full path should be: /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/install/

It should be accessible if you right click on the Zotero App in the Applications folder and select "Show Package Contents"
  • But these steps also shouldn't generally be necessary — either the plugin should be installed automatically or you should be able to reinstall it from the Cite pane of the Zotero preferences. On Windows it's sometimes necessary to manually install the Word plugin due to security software blocking the installation, but that's unlikely to be necessary on a Mac and for LibreOffice.

In this case, @Artemide_23, make sure you've actually installed Zotero into the Applications folder and you're not running it from the disk image (which the latest version of Zotero should warn you about and prevent, but you could be on an older version).
This discussion has been closed.