How to move large amount of ref from one place to another

I have 30K+ references in 10+ folders under my personal account, and would like to copy all of them except one folder's contents to a new folder under our lab shared folder. I tried to use Export (RDF; under Translator Options, I clicked both Export Notes and Export Files- I'm actually not quite clear of the meaning of each one), and it took an overnight run and did not go anywhere (frozen? I saved the library on my Desktop, and the file size kept at 389M from last night to this morning and also says Sync pending). Any suggestions?
  • Don't use Export for that.

You can copy items between libraries just by dragging them in Zotero.

This can currently be a little buggy for very large drags, so I'd first temporarily disable auto-sync in the Sync pane of the preferences during the drag. (This shouldn't be necessary but might help at the moment.)

Then, make sure you've deleted any partial import attempts in the group library.

You can then drag collections over one by one. If the same item appears in multiple collections, Zotero will only copy it once.
  • Seems this is working. Sync disabled definitely helped. Like you said, it's buggy so slow, but I am glad it's working. Thank you very much.