change name of library?

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help with the following problem

I have had zotero for around 5 years. Early on I created a zotero account and experimented with syncing. I haven't using sync since then.

I recently helped out a course colleague wanting to use zotero. I created a new zotero library file (different location from my normal zotero directory) with a set of articles from the course. We then copied this zotero library onto her computer, pointing zotero to the directory into which we had copied the library. All fine.

My colleague now wants to work collaboratively with another student, so I suggested they an online zotero group. This all went fine until she tried to sync her local with online library.

And here's the problem - the zotero "my library" on her computer (copied from my computer) seems to have my zotero username attached, so as soon as she tries to sync her local computer with her online group library, zotero also wants to sync her "my library" with the "my library" under my account - which is very different from the set of files I gave her to setup her zotero.

A question - am I interpreting the problem correctly - ie that zotero attaches the user name to the local copy of the "my library"?

Follow-on question - is there any way of changing the user name that is attached to the "my library" (ie my user name) on her computer, so that zotero doesn't try to sync with my online library?

Another question - does my interpretation of this problem sound right?