Enterprise Usage

Hi All,

I am an IT admin for my organisation, they want to use the product for 200 users. I have a couple of questions for enterprise usage of Zotero if anyone can advise please?

1. Can we set the DB directory when installing? Or is there a config file we can push out with the installer to set this?

2. Is there any way to install the product silently, and for all users rather than just the logged in user?

3. Is there a way to use a centralised Database for all users, rather than a unique database on each PC?

Any other advise or suggestions for enterprise deployment/usage would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

James

• 1. Can we set the DB directory when installing?
    You can set dataDir and useDataDir in prefs.js in the Zotero profile directory. Configure an existing install and check that file with Zotero closed for example values.
    2. Is there any way to install the product silently, and for all users rather than just the logged in user?
    It's not something we test, and the code was contributed by someone in the community, but Zotero's installer should support the standard NSIS /S switch.
    3. Is there a way to use a centralised Database for all users, rather than a unique database on each PC?
    No. You use Zotero sync and Zotero groups to share data between computers. In the sync preferences (or prefs.js) you can also set Zotero to sync files on demand rather than syncing all files to each computer.
  • Many Thanks for confirming the above, this is highly appreciated.