Export Library does nothing

Hi,
I haven't been able to find a resolution to this in the Forum. I'm on Zotero 5.0.55. I am trying to export a portion of my library (or the whole thing) and nothing happens either when I select export library in the File drop down or by right clicking on the library itself. I have disabled addons, and reset translators and styles as suggested in another similar thread. I've also rebuilt the database. I'm at a loss for what to do at this point. Any help, or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

• edited September 25, 2018
    What format? Or are you not getting that far?

Can we see a Debug ID for an export attempt that doesn't work?
  • I'm not getting that far. D539079912
  • When I go to export under preferences, the default format bar permanently says loading. Not sure if this is part of the issue.
  • You have your Zotero data directory in Google Drive. You can't do that — you'll corrupt your database and run it all sorts of other problems, like this one.

Start by moving it out, and then check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences and reset translators and styles.
  • (Zotero already warns you if you put the data directory in Dropbox. An upcoming version will warn for Google Drive and other cloud storage folders.)
  • Yeah. I'd missed that I guess. I've had it in Google Drive since 2014 or so. I'm moving it right now, but I have actually disconnected the Drive app from that folder yesterday after this problem emerged, ran database integrity, uploaded the database to dbfix, and also reset translators and styles. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Zotero. Still nothing populates for exporting the library.
  • edited September 25, 2018
    Okay. I've moved the database to a non-drive location (default in user folder). I've repaired the database (no errors), I've reset the translators and styles. And then I've uninstalled (removing personal data checked) and reinstalled 5.0.55. When I select export library, it still does nothing. Any follow-up help would be greatly appreciated. D2071153216
  • Try deleting the 'translators' and 'styles' directories in your data directory manually, and then generate a new Debug ID for a restart.
  • Okay, I deleted the 'translators' and 'styles' folder manually from my directory and then restarted with debugging on. Then I tried to export both my library and a catalogue. I'm also not able to add styles, it looks like. D2078457417
  • OK, there was still some corrupted entries in the database that weren't being dealt with properly. If you install and run the latest Zotero beta, it should fix the problems, after which you should be able to switch back to the release version.
  • That did it! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.