issue with citations of more than 2 references

Lately, I have had an problem with Zotero concerning the citations of more than 2 references.
Indeed, the numbers under brackets appear in bigger, grey square brackets (which is weird), the numbers don't highlight when I click on them as expected, and the system gets confused to modify the citation if it is required, for example, after I have added another, new citation before it: instead of changing the content in the brackets, the system adds a new one! For example, instead of replacing [8-11] by [9-12], the system will write both. Thus, after working on my document, I discovered accumulations of references like [60–62][61–63][62–64][63–65][64–66][65–67][66–68][67–69][68–70][77–79][73–75]…
However nothing of this problem happens for the citations of 1 reference (like [8]) or 2 references (like [8, 9]).
Can you help me?
  • What specific versions of Zotero and Word are you using? Do you have this issue in a new empty document?
  • Word for Mac: version 16.15
    Zotero: version 4.0. 29.15
    Yes I do have the same issue in a new word document.
    It is weird, I used Zotero a lot but never had such problems before.
  • Start by updating Zotero.
  • Start by updating to Zotero 5.0 and updating your Word to the current version. Your version of Word introduced a bunch of bugs that broke Zotero integration that have since been fixed.

Note that citations you have tried to edit with this current Word/Zotero version producing the errors will be corrupted and probably still produce the errors after upgrading, so either restore an earlier version of the document or re-insert the citations.
  • edited October 12, 2018
    Hi,
    I did upgrade Zotero and everything has worked fine since then!
    Thank you.