I can't get the Zotero.dotm to work with Word for Mac.

I see the zotero.dotm in macros when I open word but can't get the program to work! Please help. I've loaded it 100 times. Searched for the startup file, can't find it. I added zotero.dotm every way possible and it won't work.
  • I followed your directions for adding Zotero to Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac. I can't get the Zotero icons to show up in the references tab in Word. I think the problem is that I can't get the zotero.dotm file into the Word Startup file because I can't find it. The only startup folder I found through clicking Word-> preferences etc. did not have a location and when I found it, it was empty. There was nothing in my library. When I click View (last tab in a Word doc) --> Micros icon, I see Zotero there. I tried adding it running it, etc. but nothing is working. I see lots of entries in View Micros. One set of project.zotero files, one set of normal.zotero files, and a newmacros.zotero file. I have dragged and dropped the zotero.dotm file to Word but it won't let me copy and paste because I can't find the Word startup folder. I've been dragging into the regular Word program through finder. Help!
  • What specific version of Word are you on (like 15.13)?
  • Start by updating Word, the current 2016 version is 16.16
  • edited August 24, 2018
    I'd like to get the pilot to work with Google Docs but I can't! How do I get Zotero to show up as an add-on or icon in Google Docs?
  • edited August 24, 2018
    Ok I finally see the Zotero icons in Word. Now I really need the plug in for Google docs to work. I can't find where to enable google docs integration experimental in Zotero connector. I downloaded beta and there is no option in advanced or anywhere about google docs at all. Help!
  • The google docs integration is currently only available for the Firefox beta connector, as described in the announcement post