Zotero citations can't be modified in a Word document

I can no longer modify Zotero citations in Word documents prepared with Word 2008 (version 12.3.6 for Mac). It is impossible to change previous Zotero citations in the files or to insert new citations; it is also not possible to change the document reference style. There is always an error message saying:

[JavaScript Error: "The style you have selected does not appear to be valid. If you have created this style yourself, please ensure that it passes validation as described at https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Validation. Alternatively, try selecting another style."]

Actually, I did not create a new style by my own; all the citations in the various documents I am using have been fine until I started to work again on them yesterday, after the holidays.

The error report has the ID 991094503

If I copy the word file into an empty document, it is possible to select a new Zotero reference style for the document and then to modify the old Zotero citations and to add new ones. But as quite a lot of documents are affected, this manual change will be very time consuming. Is there any other possibility to work again with the old Word files?