Cannot import from Mendeley v.17 - Report ID 1138386369

I just downloaded Zotero, and I am trying to import from Mendeley (v17, I had upgraded to v19 earlier this year but it entirely deleted my collection, so I had to downgrade to v17). I tried using the Mendeley importer in Zotero, but it fails with the following message:

"An error occurred while trying to import the selected file. Please ensure that the file is valid and try again".
Report ID is 1138386369

The result is that I get the folder structure, but none of the PDFs.

The file in question that I try to import is named as my email address (which I believe should be the name of the Mendeley database), and has today's date. Same error occurs if I manually look for one of the backup files.

I also have another file, with random letters and numbers as its name, which I believe is the encrypted database from when I was running Mendeley v19, as it dates 29th of May.

Now, I am able to export all Mendeley PDFs as .ris and import those in Zotero, but they have neither the folder structure nor the highlights, which makes them nearly useless for me.

Does anybody know what this problem might be, or how to work around it?

Cheers!

• Your diagnosis of the various files sounds correct. One of the Zotero developers will have to look at your error report and see what the issue might be.
  • Error(s) encountered during statement execution: no such column: color
    I'd guess this is because you're using 1.17. The importer is designed to work with the latest version of Mendeley (encryption in 1.19 and up aside), so you should try with 1.18 if possible.