Freeze when updating items

Report ID: 1819561933

My Zotero freeze whenever it starts "updating items". Zotero is not responding only in this situation. It can work well if I stop syncing. However, this makes me unable to sync the items I update recently in the group library.

My Zotero is the latest version: 5.0.53

My computer system:
Edition: Windows 10 home
Version: 1709
OS Build 16299.522

I have checked the link about "Freeze issue in Windows 10 1803 when use UTF-8 as default code page" but I was not able to find the option of disabling the function.
  • @bwiernik Thanks for your clarification about UTF-8. I wonder if you can give me some suggestions about my problem mentioned above. Now I cannot sync the items since Zotero will be not responding while syncing.

• Can you provide a Debug ID for a startup that results in this freeze, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option?
  • @dstillman
    Debug ID: D1404337942

Thank you.
  • edited July 10, 2018
    @dstillman I see this one reported the same problem.

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/224277#Comment_224277

I am not sure if you can get the full logging report from the debug report because Zotero is not responding whenever it starts to update items. I observed many times and found that it syncs well when it shows "preparing sync" or "downloading items". It freezes as soon as it shows "updating items".

Do you think that I need to change data directory? I am using Default (C:\Users\name\Zptero) Data Directory Location.