Attachment Syncing Issue

I have an issue with attachment syncing across a group library. We have two computers; one (A) can move attachments between its library and the cloud, while the other (B) cannot. A is a PC, and B is a Mac.

If computer A uploads an item with an attachment from its personal library to the group library, the attachment is accessible via the group library on both computers. It can also replace the item without issue. But if computer B moves the item and attachment to its personal library, the attachment no longer works. Conversely, if B uploads an item from its personal library to the group library, no attachments on it are visible to either computer.

To put it another way, no attachments are traveling between computer B and the group collections--although the attachments are listed, "the attached file could not be found," according to error messages. I've tried everything listed on the help page (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing).

My debug ID is D1522554852, taken on computer B. Thanks!
  • Sorry for the delay.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you refer to uploading to one library or another. You don't "upload" files between libraries, and copying items across libraries wouldn't really be related to file syncing. The question is just what exists in a given library locally, what exists in the online library, and what exists on another computer.

Can you explain the situation again with that context?