Importing Mendeley library hangs if there is a corrupted PDF attached to citation

I just imported my Mendeley library over to Zotero, but I had a number of entries where somehow or other the PDF associated with it had become damaged or corrupted. This can be fixed by opening Mendeley, removing the PDF from the entry, and re-syncing the library. Unfortunately, the importing process in Zotero hangs and there is no way to get it going again except to restart the import process. This made importing my library take much longer than it should have done. I don't know how easy it would be to implement, but perhaps being able to skip entries with corrupted files might help with this? At the very least, I thought it might be useful to post my experience in case someone else runs into this problem!
  • edited June 19, 2018
    Yeah, we're looking into this at the moment and should have a fix shortly. It happens (possibly among other times) if there's a "PDF" in Mendeley that's really an HTML file, say from an authorization failure during the download. Thanks for reporting.
  • OK, this should be fixed in the latest Zotero beta.
  • That's awesome, I'm glad you guys were already looking into it.