[Fixed] Tags (KW field) are not imported with the RIS format

edited June 5, 2018
Debug ID : D2056166173
Zotero version : 5.0.47
Zotero Connector for Chrome version 5.0.39

Hello,

I have a problem with the import of bibliographic descriptions in RIS format.

From the page
http://www.bdsp.ehesp.fr/Base/Search?_equation=ref=226682+or+ref=76011+or+ref=100455&_sort=auto
when I click on "Transférer les notices de la page dans Zotero", I obtain a window "Zotero Connector. Import items from www.bdsp.ehesp.fr into Zotero?". When I click on "OK", items are imported well in Zotero except the tags (KW field in RIS format) that are not imported in the "Tags" ("Marqueurs" in French) tab.

With Zotero 5.0.28 and Zotero Connector for Chrome version 5.0.39, the import is OK.

What is the difference between 5.0.28 and 5.0.47 so that the import of tags (KW) is not correct with 5.0.47?

When I desactivate the Zotero Connector extension, then by clicking on "Transférer les notices de la page dans Zotero", I can download a file in RIS format (bdsp.ris). When I import this file in Zotero 5.0.47 (File > Import), the tags (KW) are well imported in the "Tags" tab (with the icon "User-added tag" ("Marqueur ajouté par l'utilisateur")).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Séverine
  • In the Zotero preferences, check the box for “Automatically tag imported items with keywords and headings”. This behavior has not changed, but it’s possible you unchecked that option at some point.
  • Thanks for your promptness.

In my Zotero 5.0.47, the box for "Ajouter automatiquement aux documents des marqueurs à partir des mots-clés fournis" (I think it's the french traduction of "Automatically tag imported items with keywords and headings") was checked.
    I'm afraid there's an other problem :-)

I will test again version 5.0.28 and 5.0.47.
  • Today, May 17th 2018, I have made import tests in Zotero 5.0.28 and 5.0.47, with the reference http://www.bdsp.ehesp.fr/Base/100455/ (click on "Transférer dans Zotero" -> direct import if Zotero is opened).
    The used translator is RIS.js (data are exported in RIS format).

1. Test with :
    - Zotero 5.0.28
    - Zotero Connector for Chrome 5.0.39
    - Windows 10
    Result : The three tags (keywords) (Infection urinaire, Dépistage, DETECTION) are well imported, with the blue icon (User-added tag)
    Debug ID : D56751422

2. Test with :
    - Zotero 5.0.47
    - Zotero Connector for Chrome 5.0.39
    - Windows 7 pro
    Result : Tags are not imported
    Debug ID : D731768903

By comparison of the two debug journals, I can see that in the debug journal of version 5.0.47, there is this line :

(3)(+0000000): Notifier.trigger('add', 'item-tag', [8-20,8-21,8-22], {"8-20":{"libraryID":1,"tag":"Dépistage","type":0},"8-21":{"libraryID":1,"tag":"DETECTION","type":0},"8-22":{"libraryID":1,"tag":"Infection urinaire","type":0}}) called [observers: 4]

And then tags seem to be removed :

(3)(+0000026): Notifier.trigger('remove', 'item-tag', [8-20,8-21,8-22], {"8-20":{"libraryID":1,"tag":"Dépistage"},"8-21":{"libraryID":1,"tag":"DETECTION"},"8-22":{"libraryID":1,"tag":"Infection urinaire"}}) called [observers: 4]

In the debug journal of version 5.0.28, there is not any line with “remove”.

Would anyone have an explanation?

Thanks a lot!

Séverine
  • Hello,
    I have made other import tests of the reference http://www.bdsp.ehesp.fr/Base/100455/ (click on "Transférer dans Zotero" -> direct import if Zotero is opened). The used translator is RIS.js (data are exported in RIS format).

I have installed several old versions of Zotero on my computer (Window 7 Pro 64 bit, Zotero Connector for Chrome 5.0.39) to see if tags (keywords from KW tag of the RIS format) were imported.
    At each time, I uninstalled Zotero, deleted the database, the translators, styles, aso. before re-installing Zotero.

And I have detected that :

With version 5.0.42 (and older) (Debug ID : D911622433), the three tags (Infection urinaire, Dépistage, DETECTION) are well imported, with the blue icon (User-added tag)

With version 5.0.43 (and newer) (Debug ID : D1872585042), tags are not imported.

The RIS.js translator file is exactely the same in 5.0.42 and 5.0.43 versions.

So, something have changed between theses 2 versions. Or have I made something wrong?

Thanks in advance for corrections and/or explanations.
  • @adomasven -- this co-incides with the Zotero changes for the connector to allow selecting collections. Any ideas? I can replicate this.
  • Thanks — fixed in the latest Zotero beta. The target selector also isn't working for intercepted files (collections and tags aren't applied properly), and that's fixed in the latest Zotero Connector beta.
  • Thanks a lot! All is OK.

To verify the functionality on my computer, I just made new import tests of the reference http://www.bdsp.ehesp.fr/Base/100455/ (direct import into Zotero in RIS format).

1. Zotero 5.0.43 + Firefox + Zotero Connector 5.0.39 : tags are not imported.

2. Zotero 5.0.48-beta.6+3241faf50 + Firefox + Zotero Connector 5.0.39 : tags are imported with the red icon (Automatically-added tag).

3. Zotero 5.0.48-beta.6+3241faf50 + Firefox + Zotero Connector 5.0.39beta9 : tags are imported with the red icon (Automatically-added tag).