it-IT local problem: Zotero does not recognize the month of May

I use Zotero in local version (Italy).
When I write the month in long-form, Zotero does not seem to recognize the Italian word “Maggio” (May), and reads it as “Gennaio” (January).
Who can help me?
  • Can you say exactly what you're trying?

On macOS, if I set the language to Italian and the Region to Italy and restart Zotero (such that the Zotero interface is in Italian and the "Aggiunto in data" field shows up as "13/5/2018, 23:36:02"), if I create a new item and enter "13 Maggio 2018" in "Data", it's properly recognized as May, which you can see by hovering the field (to show "2018-05-13"). Are you seeing something different?
  • edited May 14, 2018
    Hi @dstillman,

I bypassed the problem converting all the dates of May in numbers, with international syntax. For exemple:

2018-05-14 (today).

But Italian correct date's syntax for today is:

14 maggio 2018 (before the day, in the middle the month, after the year).

If I write in a new item directly with Italian syntax ("14 maggio 2018"), Zotero doesn't read it correctly
    (check this page: http://www.arvalia.it/portunus/ ).

TY

• Zotero certainly parses that correctly as long as the locale and region are being detected correctly — as I say, that works for me.
    if I set the language to Italian and the Region to Italy and restart Zotero (such that the Zotero interface is in Italian and the "Aggiunto in data" field shows up as "13/5/2018, 23:36:02")
    Can you confirm that this reflects your settings and what you're seeing in Zotero?
  • Yes of course: Edit » Preferences » Advanced » Language: (Automatic) Italian
    Automatic = same as OS
  • But I mean the rest, too.

Can you provide a Debug ID for entering "14 maggio 2018" in an empty field and pressing Enter?
  • edited May 14, 2018
    I try... (I'm a newby) :-)
  • Debug ID in Dan’s post is a link to instructions for how to submit a debug report.