Zotero connector doesn't work

yesterday I updated the safari extension and since then the button no longer captures anything, it remains gray. Can you help me? Thanks!
  • What version of Safari? Can you provide a Report ID?
  • Latest version. How I do a report ID?
  • I provided a link to instructions.
  • No errors have been logged since Zotero started.

version => 5.0.47, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.13, locale => it-IT, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.47, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.13.SA.5.0.47, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.15.SA.5.0.47, extension)
  • When I click on Zotero preferences on web page, it doesn't work
  • What Safari version and what Zotero Connector version? ("Latest" isn't sufficient.)
  • Safari 11.1; Zotero connector 5.0.37
  • When I click on Zotero preferences on web page, it doesn't work
  • That combination should certainly work, and does for me. Try restarting your computer and try disabling all your other Safari extensions if you haven't yet.
  • I did that a lot of time!!!
  • OK, sorry about that — it looks like it was broken in certain non-English locales.

Can you install this beta build and confirm that it fixes things for you?
  • Thanks, but I won't instal beta. When will a new official version be released the problem will be solved?
  • It's perfectly safe (the main change from the release version is this fix), it has no effect on your data, and you can uninstall it or switch back to the release version immediately (though there's not much point switching back to a broken version). We'll release it sooner if you can confirm that it fixes the problem for you.
  • how can I return to the official version?
  • You just reinstall it.
  • Yes, it work. The problem is solved! Thanks a lot!!!
  • Thanks. 5.0.38 is now out, so you can switch back to the release version.