Superscript tag not working in "number" type fields?

Hi,
I am using "Manuel canadien de la référence juridique 7e éd. (Guide McGill...)". For the Bill document type, if I use superscript tags in the Legislative Body field, I get superscript in my Word document, but if I enter the same string, for example, 1re in the Session field, I get 1re in my Word document but superscript is displayed correctly in the CSL visual editor. Is it related to the nature of the field (number vs standard)? Or is it caused by Word? I have the same problem with the Public Law Number field for Statutes.
Thank you.
  • Hi,
    Oops, I see your text processor manage html tags. Let me reformulate my request. The string I am trying to enter in Session field is 1<-sup- >re<-/sup->. I get 1<-sup- >re<-/sup-> in Word, no superscript.
    Thanks.
  • @fbennett is HTML parsed for all or only for select fields by citeproc?
  • edited May 2, 2018
    Just checked. It normally doesn't attempt to parse numeric variables, but if the content contains no numbers, it will do so. (It's not good that treatment is irregular, but that's what it's doing currently.)

That said, is there a reason why form="ordinal" won't serve the purpose in this case?