My publications PDF links not showing

Hi - I'm new to the My Publications function, but I have looked around and not found an answer in the forums. I created a publication, added/synced a file (PDF) and it shows online/web but without a link to download. I had understood that one of the purposes of this functionality was to allow third parties to download files we published ourselves. Am I missing something?

(my profile, with the example problem is here: https://www.zotero.org/tamiel#6NV8UT7S).
  • When you view the item in the My Publications collection in Zotero, is the title of the attachment file shown in regular or light grey text? If the latter, then it means you opted not to share the file when adding it to My Publications. Remove the item from My Publications and re-add it.

@dstillman Is it possible to toggle file sharing for items in My Publications without removing/re-adding? If not, can such an option be added?
  • It's in regular color (not light) -> https://www.zotero.org/tamiel#6NV8UT7S. I did opt to share files when I first started using My Pubs, but I can't seem to find any configuration settings where I can check this in Zotero standalone or my profile online...
  • Are you using Zotero storage or WebDAV storage to sync your files?
  • Zotero (paid account).
  • If you add a new item to My Publications, do you get the same bug?
  • Just tried some things, to be sure I'm doing this correctly.

In Zotero standalone (5.0.45, Mac), it won't allow me to:
    1 - create a new item in My Pubs (File -> New item, nothing happens)
    2- I can't drag anything from Groups to My Pubs
    3 - All I can do is drag something from my Library. I just did that for a new item (now two in My Pubs), and same thing happens - attachment shows on my profile, but not a link.
  • Hoping someone had a chance to help here... Nothing changed, and I can't figure this out.
  • I am having the exact same issue. The PDF file I uploaded to My Publications via the desktop app shows is unavailable to be downloaded in the same way as on Tamiel's problem.