Clean up after import from EndNote

I was able to import my data from EndNote via XML, but it didn't import the pdf's. So I imported the pdf's into a new private group. As I understand it, I should probably copy the pdf's into My Library and then de-duplication, and kill the group.

1) Is my understanding correct?
2) Is there a way to move the pdfs from the private group rather than just copy (since right now I have 3 GB of pdfs!)
3) Is there a quicker way to de-duplicate (since I have about 5000 references and 2500 pdfs in my files?
  • I would recommend just deleting your existing Zotero database and start over by importing the Endnote library with the PDFs correctly in the first place. To do that, you need to place the XML file in the Endnote .Data folder.
  • Yes, since the answer to 3) is no, I'd very much agree with that.
  • unfortunately I tried the XML import. while this imported my references it did not import my pdf's (which were in the same folder. So I was able to do the manual import of pdfs into a separate group, and now I need to copy them over and link them. Fortunately, Zotero is useful for me right now, so I can do groups of them at a time over a while manually.
  • If you follow these instructions, the PDFs absolutely should be imported to Zotero. If they aren’t, you have likely placed your XML file in the wrong place.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/importing_records_from_endnote