Automated legal download of multiple full-text PDFs by parsing from entries in bib file

I am posting this question here after being badly bruised by Mendeley in it's capabilities to handle PDFs gracefully.

Working from one of my university's library computer, I had downloaded PDFs of papers for later reading and citing purposes. Thus far, I always had a good experience syncing PDFs with Mendeley's web-importer in google chrome (on my personal machine). The library machine had an unsupported browser and furthermore did not permit any extension installation, but they did have Mendeley Desktop already installed and available. I logged on to my account and could see the entries (including all PDFs) of my entire library and this lent me confidence.

In 2-3 hours, I downloaded about 65-70 relevant papers for my research. And upon drag and dropping these files to Mendeley Desktop, it correctly recognised the metadata and created entries. I could even see the PDF icon which opened correctly upon double-clicking. I hit the sync button and left the library. The reassuring upload progress bar convinced that everything went smooth.

After coming home and opening Mendeley Desktop on my computer, I realised that although the new additions had synced, I was missing the PDFs. Now, I could manually download all 65 of them, but this does not seem like an efficient use of my time. I am able to generate a single bib file from Mendeley.

So, the question is: Can zotero automatically parse the DOI/URL of the bibtex entries and download all the 65 full text PDFs using my university's network (that provides full, legal access to them) ?