Chrome extension is not working

edited March 25, 2018
Hi my zotero extension for chrome stopped working and I found that the peson' ID mariesandnes with the debug ID D452718390 had exactly the same problem. However, it did not seem to have a solution (instead this person had to use it on firefox). How can I make it work on chrome?
  • I've tried everything on the page but nothing worked. Even submitting a debug report work does not work because it shows " An error occurred submitting your debug output.

Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

Please check your internet connection. If the problem persists, please post a message to the Zotero Forums (forums.zotero.org)."

• If you can't submit debug output, that points to a larger problem:

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/connection_error
  • Okay, I felt like it might be a proxy setting issue sp clicked "proxies" on the extension preferences but it does not show me anything! How can I proceed?
  • the "proxies" causing connection errors are system proxies and unrelated to the URL proxies that Zotero handles itself. If you're on a computer at an institution, might be worthwhile talking to IT.
  • I think it is an issue of the Zotero connector somehow conflicting with the proxy setting (instead of the proxy nor working) because I can access any journal articles via our institution proxy.
  • If you can't submit debug output from Zotero, that's the first problem to debug, and the Zotero Connector (and the proxy settings in the Zotero Connector preferences) wouldn't be relevant to that at all.
  • I know that it is the first problem to solve and you directed me to the connection error page "https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/connection_error" which talks about proxy settings. To give more information, it seems that zotero authorization on Chrome is the problem. It says "Authorization could not be completed.

Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist."

Also, zotero works fine for other browsers but I'd like to make it work on chrome because it is my primary use. Could you help?
  • Until you can submit a Debug ID successfully from Zotero, we can't tell you more than what's on the connection error page. Again, that is not related to Chrome or the proxy settings in the Zotero Connector in any way.