[Solved] Attach Stored Copy of File does not work

edited March 24, 2018
Hello

I would like to report that zotero 5.0.38 on Linux, the functionality "Attach Stored Copy of File" does not work. Please check and fix this problem.

Best regards
Giang
  • Works for me. What kind of Linux? Could you submit a Report ID?
  • Xubuntu 16.04. I submitted Error Report with id 656126003.
  • Unix error 1 during operation setPermissions on file /media/Data/[…]/zotero1/storage/K2WHBK6S/[…] .pdf (Operation not permitted)"
    This is most likely due to security software, file permissions, or something else about the filesystem that's preventing a chmod from working.
  • /media/Data is a FAT32 partition. I think that's why chmod does not work. However I'm still able to use Chrome plugin to download paper. Is there something to disable chmod because the drive is accessible in any case.
  • Have you tried adjusting mount options for your FAT32 partition? There's some info about that issue on the WWW, but I haven't tried it myself.
  • Right, I fixed that by adjusting the mounting option for the drive

/dev/disk/by-uuid/F3B1-A481 /media/Data vfat users,defaults,exec,uid=1000,gid=46 0 0
  • Fine.

I don't know if this is accepted for this forum, but you could add [Solved] to the thread title (via the little gear wheel in "Your Discussions". @ Admins: Please comment or PM if you disagree.
  • people are free to mark discussions as solved that way, but there is no need to. I do think it bumps them in the RSS feeds of the forums, which isn´t ideal.