Can't drag from my library to group library

Hi, even though I'm an admin in our group, I can't just drag items from my library to the group library. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the desktop program, however this has not resolved the issue.

Any help would be appreciated!
  • What exactly is happening if you try?
    Can you manually create items in the group (using the green plus sign)?
  • When I select an item from my library (highlighted in blue), and try to drag to a desired folder in the group library, the desired folder is highlighted in blue and a 'plus' sign appears. So try to let the item drop into this group folder, however nothing happens. There is no error message, however the file has not been transferred.

Yes, I am able to manually create items as you described.
  • Not a permission issue then. Note that you can't drag the same item, even if changed, into the group twice from your library; that's the most likely cause of this. Try creating a new item in your library and drag it to the group.
  • Hi,

Could not drag the created item in my library to the group library (same thing happens as imported items). Also these group folders are currently empty, so can't be due to duplicates.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a drag attempt that fails?
  • Yes it's D558917141. However I guess I see the problem of storage? Do I just need to tell the owner of the group to increase the storage amount?
  • Well, that's a different issue — your storage quota doesn't affect any local functionality other than file syncing with the online library. Are you still having trouble dragging?
  • Ok good to know. Yes still having trouble dragging.
  • Your debug output appears to show a successful drag to the group, followed by the uploading of those items (minus the file due to the quota issue), so we'd need to see one that shows it not working.
  • Seems to work now. Not sure why but if I get a failed drop, I'll post the debug code. Thank you!
  • Yep so some worked. I tried to drag a few files at one time that did not work. D73783518
  • There are no errors in there.

Remember, if an item already exists in the group, you can't drag it again.