Sync is not working between laptops

Hello,

I have two laptops, but the Zotero collections that I see in both are different, so there must be some syncronization problems. Ideally, I would even want the physical pdfs (with annotations) to be shared, but right now, I do not even get the same list of items.

Here the details of my two laptops:

version => 5.0.34, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.34, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.34, extension), Shockwave Flash (28.0.0.126, plugin), ZotFile (4.2.8, extension, disabled)

version => 5.0.34, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.34, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.34, extension)

If you want an example of not syncronized subcollection, you can look at "interpretability", "ML_tea-group" or "paintbox".

Looking forward to your help, thanks.

M.
  • I already checked the five steps, but the problem remains.

By comparing local content with online content on the webpage, I have noticed that it is the first laptop that does not upload nor download any updates. So I tried to unlink the account and link again, making sure that it is the same username. The problem remains. Would appreciate if you can help me more. Thanks.
  • Are you receiving a sync error on that computer? Please submit an Error Report ID from the Help menu.
  • I am afraid there is no error issue, this is what I get:

No errors have been logged since Zotero started.

version => 5.0.34.5, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.34.5, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.10.SA.5.0.34.5, extension), Shockwave Flash (28.0.0.126, plugin), ZotFile (4.2.8, extension, disabled)
  • I just submitted the error report in any case, ID: 1394070593
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for the first sync after adding an item that's not uploaded?
  • Sure, debug ID: D1831722088

I just added the item ¨Deep Learning with PyTorch...¨ to the ML_tea-group folder.
    Let me know if you need anything else.
  • That doesn't show a sync attempt.
  • Here my sequence of actions:
    1) I start the Zotero desktop application
    2) Enable Logging
    3) On Firefox, I save a weppage to Zotero using the add-on
    4) I verify that the item appears successfully in the Desktop application
    5) Just in case, I click on the green sync icon top right
    6) I send you the logs, new ID: The Debug ID is D722693806.

Let me know if you need anything else from my side. I have been so far very happy with Zotero (I have an annual subscription), but it is problematic if it does not continue syncing for some reason... Let me know whether you find the bug or not.

Otherwise, I will try to de-install Zotero and install it again, maybe that fixes the problem. Looking forward to your answer.
  • Another comment regarding the sequence above, I checked online whether that new item in my laptop has been synced to the cloud and that did not happen. So the problem is locally.

Also, I inlinked my sync info and linked again to try to solve it, but nothing changed.

• It looks like you disabled syncing for My Library in the Sync preference pane.
  • I did not recall doing that, but you were right. I think it was a little hidden, since I saw the checkboxes for sync automatically and everything checked, only when clicking on "choose libraries", I saw the problem.

Thanks for you help!