zotero 5.1 does not work on centos6

Dear Zotero developers,
please take the automatic update from zotero 4 to zotero 5 out, or make sure that zotero 5 runs on centos 6. Zotero 5 does not run on centos 6, without serious hacks into the system. If I remember correctly, it was the libgtk-3.so that caused the problems. Since zotero 5 installs automatically, every time I restart zotero, I first have to re-extract the tars to go back to my nice old and working zotero version.

Here comes a summary of my system:
version => 4.0.29.10, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.29.10, extensions => Zotero Better Bib(La)Tex (1.6.100, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.12.SA.4.0.29.10, extension), Citrix Receiver for Linux (, plugin)

Thanks
  • 1) 4 -> 5 is still a manual update that requires user confirmation.

2) If it's being automatically installed for you for some reason, you can switch app.update.auto to false in the Config Editor in the Advanced prefs.

3) We don't test on CentOS and never have.

4) Try CentOS 7?
  • Thanks for your answer,
    ad 2.): It does indeed seem as if it were installed automatically for some reason. Unfortunately, I cannot find where to turn it off: I go to Preferences, click on the tab Advanced, but do not see any update setting there....

ad 3.): It has been running flawless until version 5, so it is a pity it does not work any more.

ad 4.): You are rubbing salt into an open wound here! No option :-(
    However, I would be very grateful if you could enlighten me on 2.)
    Thanks
  • Oh right, “Open about:config” in 4.0.
  • I am also using zotero on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (almost identical to CentOS6). It seems like zotero 4 has even stop syncing data and updating to zotero 5 is inevitable. Is it possible to release zotero 5 that support CentOS6?