lost reference list

I don't know if anyone has had this problem. However, I was typing along and wanted to check my Ref. list. So scrolled to the bottom to find that my entire ref list was deleted. I have no idea how this happened. Two questions: has anyone else had this happen, and how do I prevent this from happening in the future? If not too difficult please answer via email eopage44@gmail.com.
  • It's not clear to me what you're describing. Are you talking about in Zotero? In a document?

If in Zotero, have you restarted Zotero? Can you provide a Report ID?
  • (we don't provide any support by e-mail, btw., though you should get notifications on answers to any questions you ask here by e-mail)
  • It was in a document. However after a couple of hours of exploring, I was able to recover. I still have no idea how.
  • What document do you mean? Is it Word document? What exactly you mean by deleted ref list? How did you create it? I have a lot of other questions. You have to describe step by step what happens and what did you do. We can't help you without detailed information.