changing citation style

I currently have a document in which the in-text citations appear as the author's last name and date of the publication in parentheses. I need to change this to superscript numbered citations, and I cannot figure out how to do this. I looked at the documentation on editing citations, and that didn't help. Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

Thank you!
  • Press the gear icon (set document preferences) & select a different style.
  • Thanks very much. I finally figured out that you meant the gear icon in the Zotero toolbar when my document is open--at first I thought you meant the gear icon in the Zotero screen. Also, thank you for pointing me to the tutorials.
  • Hi,
    I have been trying to do just that- changing from Harvard format to the nature format and for some strange reason it changes half of the citations in text to numbers and keeps the other half in the harvard format. I don't know if this is some sort of bug that I need to get rid off...
  • if you manually edited citations using "Show Editor" that would have happened.
  • Yes I did do that. Do you recommend re-doing the citations in-text and then trying to change the style? Thanks
  • sorry, yes, that's what you will have to do - delete all the citations that don't change and re-insert them.
    Note that Zotero displays a warning to that effect when you use the editor.
    Also note that you can do almost everything you can do with the editor by using "supress author", prefix and suffix.
This discussion has been closed.