Moving items from library to group library

D576670862 is my debug ID. I cannot move any items from my library into a group library that I created and was wondering how to do that?
  • You need to do this in the Zotero desktop app, not on Zotero.org. If that’s not working, can you describe exactly what you are doing and what is happening?
  • I'd like to up-vote this feature for Zotero.org
    The web UI/workflow for "Add to Collection" could be upgraded/overloaded to also support "Move to Group" or "Share with Group" or whatever the preferred term is.

The whole beauty+strength of Zotero is the quick and easy browser integration - read a journal article -> 1 click and you've stored the citation and the full text.

Want to share it with someone? Download desktop app, install application, figure out how to link application to account, configure sync settings, _finally_ drag-and-drop from My Library to Group Library

In fact, another even more powerful behavior would be something analogous to when a new bookmark is created for a webpage - when user clicks to capture a citation, the small status window showing the capture process could also present a drop-down dialog for instant selection of a group to share with.
  • In fact, another even more powerful behavior would be something analogous to when a new bookmark is created for a webpage - when user clicks to capture a citation, the small status window showing the capture process could also present a drop-down dialog for instant selection of a group to share with.
    Yep — we're working on that.

(And copying items between libraries will be possible in a future overhaul of the web library as well.)
  • edited January 23, 2018
    @strikecity: But note that for real work you really do want to use the desktop application. Even various parts of saving directly to the web library don't currently work as well as saving to the app. You obviously only need to download, install, and set up Zotero once, so it's not like sharing an item actually requires the steps you list. The current web library just isn't meant to provide anything close to full Zotero functionality.

(The ability to choose the target of a save from the connector will have the side benefit of working for direct saves to the web library, but it's primarily just meant to prevent you from having to switch back and forth to the Zotero app as often.)