Report ID: 408875832

Hi, Everyone

Can anyone help with this? I am editing a Zotero note in a separate note window. Suddenly, the note window closes and central pane of Zotero (which displays library items) is empty but for a message that Zotero has developed an error and I should send a report to its developers. It happened first yesterday. I thought it had to do with the particular note I was working on but it has happened again with a different note. Did it have to do with the operating system? I switched from Ubuntu 16.04 to Windows 10 but the problem occurred again. Now, today, I am back to Ubuntu and it has happened again. Please help, and thanks in advance.
  • If you are able to reproduce this consistently, can you submit a Debug Log ID (from the Help menu) for the sequence of steps leading to this crash?
  • @bwiernik Thanks for your quick response. So far the error seems to occur only when I am editing a note in a separate window. In fact, it occurred again a moment ago. I am not certain if this is what you wanted me to do (Linux dummy here) but I went to the Help menu and did Debug Output Logging. A small window with lines of text appeared with a "Submit" button at the top. I clicked it and it gave this response: "Submitted with Debug ID D1994218668." Is that any use? Thanks for your kind help.
  • You'd need to start the debug output logging before this occurs (and ideally immediately before, but if you necessary you can leave it logging while you try to reproduce it and then submit immediately after it occurs).
  • Ok. I will turn debug logging on and submit the log as soon as the error recurs. Thanks.