Running a search on microsoft word or rtf linked documents

I couldn't find any reference to the file types supported in zotero library searches. Looking at the indexing information, I guess that while .pdf, .txt and .htm files are supported, .doc, .docx and .rtf are not.
That is a problem, at least for me, because in my library I have lots of .doc/docx documents that are not included in my searches.
I know that you can always serach them in windows, but it would be very handy if I could serach all my library in Zotero with no exclusions.
Is there any possibility that this function will be implemented?
  • You are right that Zotero can’t index doc/docx or rtf Files. This is because (at least some time ago), there werent comparable tools that could convert these files to text across platforms like there were for PDFs.

A user in this thread found a workaround to use Word to save these files as .mht before storing in Zotero.
  • Thank you for your anwser. If these tools exist now it would be a very useful improvement. The solution you mention doesn't work for me, as I linked - and not stored - my word documents to Zotero.