ID report 1678457209

Hi everyone!
I have got a problem. I used to start writing my thesis with Zotero, and ererything was perfect and worked as well as I needed for my work.
Than it happens...
My notebook just freeze and I had to restart it with on/off buton.
After restart I open word, Firefox and Opera browsers (using them both during writing) but my notebook had a problem with opening Zotero. I reinstalled it and then it was working. I wrote few more sentences into my thesis and wanted to insert a citation. Another problem. When I click on "add/edit citation" in word error window says:
"Firefox could not load component needed for comunication with your text editor.
Make sure, that you have installed corresponding Zotero extension for Firefox and try it again."

I tried almost everything I know. Already reinstall Zotero, Firefox, Opera, even whole MS office package. Restarted PC about seven times.

Somewhere deep in Zotero setting I found this ID report number.

Using Win 10 32bit
Zotero 5.0.22
Newest version of Firefox connector.

Could anybody please help me?

Thanks you!

David
  • Update Zotero to 5.0.25, the most recent version. Then make sure that under Tools-->Add-ons in Zotero the Word add-on is enabled.
  • edited November 17, 2017
    Thanks a lot for your quick answer!
    Just going to try your advice :) .
    I am going to inform about results.

EDIT: Just reinstalled to newest version. Zotero is enabled in Firefox, also in Word.
    Still same error message
  • Have you installed the Zotero desktop app?
    http://Zotero.org/download

Zotero 5.0.25 is not a Firefox extension. Because of changes made by Mozilla, Zotero is now only a separate app.
  • Yeah, so make sure that as per bwiernik you have the Zotero desktop applicaiton installed and running, but then also what I suggested you check was whether the Zotero Word integration is enabled in Tools--> Add-ons in _Zotero_
  • Hello again,
    my Firefox just uptated himself to newest version.
    I have Zotero open as extra app.
    I was able to make citation in word and create "Bibliography" without any troubles. Problems arise after freeze of my notebook.
    Still same error message.
    I am able to save new citation in Zotero app from Firefox, but notable to make citation in word.
  • When you say "I was able to make citation in word" -- was that after the update or are you referring to previously?
    And if you try now, what exactly happens?
  • Thanks a lot guys!
    Just make enable word extension in Zotero and it work!
    Thanks again ;)