Adjusting the window size of the standalone program

Hello,

Last week I switched from Zotero 4.0 for Firefox to the new standalone Zotero 5.0. Everything seems to be working fine so far, except for the width of the window. Under the former Firefox version, I was able to adjust the width of the Zotero window to fill only half of my screen (so I could have a Word doc filling the other half of the screen and have both visible simultaneously). The new standalone allows me to adjust the width of the window, but only partially, so that it fills no less than 3/4 of the width of my desktop. Is there a way to adjust this? It would be extremely helpful to be able to have multiple windows visible at the same time.

Thanks!
Jon
  • Yeah, the minimal width of the window on Windows at least seems quite large -- any reason for that @dstillman (in particular in stacked view)
  • I also would benefit from this change.
  • edited November 30, 2017
    Bumping this up to see if there's a possible update to correct it
  • Any word on if this is possible? This is the feature I miss most from the Firefox version, it seems like it would be something extremely easy to fix (or maybe it's not).
  • Any update? The exceptionally large window size has made the standalone program unusable on my laptop -- I've had to only use the program on my widescreen desktop. Really missing the adjustable window size.
  • In the latest Zotero beta, I've reduced the minimum width from 915px to 670px, which is the biggest it can be without the left pane collapsed before toolbar icons start getting cut off.
  • Works perfect, thank you!
  • I just installed the latest beta and works perfectly. A much needed change. Thank you all!
  • Hi all,

My minimum window width in windows 10 build17130 is 1007x496. Zotero version is 5.0.66.

Any likely culprits or causes?
  • So, the culprit was yours truly!

- Windows display settings had a scale factor of 150%.
    - Setting scale to to 100% shrinks the minimum zotero window to 678x349 (676x317 if we discount window border).

Very glad for the improvement!