HELP Zotero Extension on Safari not working

edited October 12, 2017
I have the Zotero stand alone and the Safari extension, however the extension is just a grey Z that when i click on nothing happens. I'm not all that techy so i really have no idea what I can do to fix it. But it will not save anything to the Zotero offline database.
  • I have tried downloading chrome and the extension and it works perfectly fine, but i don't really want to have to use chrome just for my research. any ideas about how i can make safari's extension actually work would be appreciated. If i go on https://www.amazon.com/wealth-nations-adam-smith/dp/161382081X/ and then right click to view the zotero preferences, nothing at all happens. zilch. ideas about why this may be?
  • What version of the extension do you have installed in safari?
  • So you can't even open the Connector preferences, right? You've tried just uninstalling and re-installing the connector?
  • I've tried uninstalling it about 5 times. I can't open any of the connector preferences correct.
  • Which version of Safari and OSX? I think OSX10.10 and Safari 10.1.2 are the minimal supported versions (although you shouldn't be able to install the connector on an older version -- but worth checking). If that's not it, my I understanding is that you'd have to troubleshoot the extension installation in Safari proper. If you can't even get to the preferences, that suggests something is quite broken -- an interfering other extension or a corrupted profile.
  • ah it was my safari wasn't updated. it let me install the connected with 9.1.2 or something. updated now and it works, thanks !
  • Sorry about that — we'll fix the download for Safari 9.
  • hello, I couldn't use the zotero autoexport plugin on Safari either, Is it because i use safari 11.0?
  • Please start a new thread and provide some more details. Basically, though, any Zotero add-on in Zotero 5 is installed in Zotero. It has nothing to do with the browser you're using. I don't believe autoexporting works in Zotero 5.