Sync error when entering in the Title field

Whenever I type in the Title field (either editing a title or creating a new one), Zotero syncs in the middle of it. As a result, it kicks me out of what I was typing, so I have to re-type it. Entering all my titles twice is becoming tiresome quickly.

I have the latest version of Zotero installed and can't find anything about this problem in existing support documents. Anyone have any ideas?
  • What version of Zotero are you using?
  • I have (what I'm pretty sure is) the latest version: 5.0.18
  • Can you provide a Debug ID that shows this happening? Are you doing this in My Library, a collection, a search (and have you tried in the others)?

Zotero auto-syncs 15 seconds after the last change you make. It shouldn't auto-sync while you're typing in the title field (because the field isn't saved until you press Enter), and even if you made a change 15 seconds earlier, the auto-sync shouldn't cause the Title field to close.

If the item you're editing is changed remotely, that could probably cause the Title field to be closed without saving it (because the item is refreshed with the remote changes).
  • The debug ID for a case I just generated is D63923339.

I'm working in a group library updating Title fields for entries (documents, journal articles, etc.) in collections and subcollections. I'm having this problem right after I create the entries, so it's unlikely that the problem is due to changes being made by someone else.
  • edited September 19, 2017
    Can you explain the exact steps to reproduce this? Wait 15 seconds to make sure any auto-syncing is done, and then note the exact steps you're taking from that point on until this occurs. That includes whether you're in a collection, how you're adding items, what you're clicking on, etc.
  • It does it any time I create a parent item for a document that I have loaded (dragged and dropped) into Zotero. It doesn't matter whether I retrieved metadata for that item or created the parent item manually. I click in the title field, start to type, and get booted out of that field. Once I go back into it the second time, I don't have any problems. If I click the manual sync button, that also seems to solve the problem. It doesn't seem to happen for items I create that are not associated with a document that "lives" in Zotero.
  • Ah, OK, that was the crucial info. This happens when auto-sync kicks in while you're editing a just-created parent item. We'll fix — thanks.
  • I'm glad we could figure it out. ;) I appreciate all the help!