Saving Webpages, Bookmarklet Translator Not Working

I am at a Windows shop and only have access to IE. In the previous version of Zotero, I could begin a citation for an item and then change it so it formats as a webpage properly. Apparently that feature is gone, and there is no feature to add a webpage. I have the bookmarklet, but it never works. The translator errors out or says the webpage is unsupported. I've used Zotero for years, but it looks like I've hit a brick wall with saving webpages to my resource library. What's the work around?
  • I am at a Windows shop and only have access to IE. In the previous version of Zotero, I could begin a citation for an item and then change it so it formats as a webpage properly. Apparently that feature is gone, and there is no feature to add a webpage.
    I don't follow and I'm not aware of any feature being removed in that respect. You can still create a new item & then change its item type to webpage.
  • Dear Adamsmith,

I also face a problem with the bookmarklet on both Chrome and iphone's Safari, where the apparently login page try to appear but just leave a white square blocking the page and not loading. Tried to reinstall the bookmark but this does not change the problem. How can we solve this issue ?

NB: no possibility for me to install the chrome addon.
  • edited 6 days ago
    As a side question, why can’t you install the Chrome addin?
  • Thanks, AdamSmith! That was the missing info I needed. I can work around the bookmarklet and translator not working by adding the citations manually, which is what I've been doing at work. I missed the "item type" with the slight change to the interface.