Synch problem with v5: local collection accidentally replaced by (empty) collection from server

Hello
There is something I don’t understand in the version 5
Is it still possible to restore / upload my database from local file TO server?
I have started a fresh installation, collected files, and when I ran a first sync, my local files have disappeared instead of being uploaded on the server :-/
I want to replace the (now empty) library on the server by my local library (which I Fortunately hadd backed up on a usb drive)
Thanks in advance for your help
  • How did you create the "fresh installation"? From a new database, or by pruning your previous database? If you manually deleted all items in your library, synced, and then swapped back in a previous database and deleted only select items, then when you sync all the previous deletions for the other items would sync down. (New items you added should remain.)

There's not currently an option to clear the server data in 5.0, so you'll need to export your library to Zotero RDF, delete everything in the library, sync, and then import the RDF.
  • (wouldn't your tag "trick" work here too, Dan?)
  • Hello
    Thanks for your tips!
    In fact I am using the same database on different computers as examples for classes where I teach Zotero, and sometimes I restore the local databases by the "clean" version saved on the server. And sometimes when I make changes on the "clean" database I use on my personal computer, I've been used to upload the new version with old option "restore from local file to server".
    It seems I've benn confused by the new sync options which are not fully documented yet. I've used the "reinitialized database" option and it seems it didn't behave like the old option did. (I use french version, which brings further possible misunderstandings of documentation)
    I have solved the problem with a RDF back up.