Footnote style: no paragraph breaks

Is there a style that would be footnoted and can look like this:

(1) Emerton and Aung, “The Economic Value of Forest Ecosystem Services in Myanmar and Options for Sustainable Financing.” (2) Campos-Arceiz and Blake, “Megagardeners of the Forest–the Role of Elephants in Seed Dispersal.”
  • No, sorry. Footnotes are inserted by Word, not Zotero (i.e. Zotero just passes on the "insert footnote" command to Word) and they're always in new lines/paragraphs.
  • Ok-thanks Adam!

And I am SO SORRY to repeat other people's questions but I don't completely understand the answers....

Is there a style that can combine citations?

Right now, it looks like this:

The cat (1) is black (2) and tan (3).

1. Smith et al.

2. Gard et al.

3. Smith et al.

BUT-I need to save space so can I make it look like this:

The cat (1) is black (2) and tan (1).

1. Smith et al.

2. Gard et al.

If not, do you have any advice on how to cut down on space in the footnotes through zotero?

Thanks! :)
  • Zotero can't repeat numbers like that in footnote styles (it just tells Word to "insert a footnote here"). You can, however, use Word's Cross-Reference feature to make a reference to an existing footnote.

If you switch to a numeric style that uses endnotes, rather than footnotes, Zotero will repeat numbers to the same reference.
  • (Numeric styles are, e.g., Nature, IEEE, Vancouver -- those are pre-installed -- or any of the styles here: https://www.zotero.org/styles?format=numeric&dependent=0 )
  • great thanks adam! :)