chrome Connection is still not working.

tried all that you advised here. help
  • edited August 8, 2017
    Make sure you're running version 5.0.15 of the connector.
  • hi was replying to the same thread so yes it is Version 5 of Zotero and the ONLY version of the Connector I see on the site. It is my first time installating it so i went to your Download page as instructed and also tried clicking the link within Zotero that says get the Connector. The clickable button does not work. i just checked it again.
  • You'll need to say more about what the problem is. And again, make sure you're running 5.0.15 of the Chrome Connector in the Chrome Extensions pane. If not, click "Update extensions now" at the top of that pane.
  • I also had the error Zotero is not running from my chrome connector. I was also running 5.0.15 chrome connector and Zotero SA 4.0.29.17 (which was functioning fine). My error in the connector was [JavaScript Error: "Script injection timed out" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js" line: 263}]

I shut down and it works now, although I 'm not really sure why.
  • I also had the error Zotero is not running from my chrome connector.
    That was a bug in 5.0.14, fixed in 5.0.15, which was released last night.

Let us know if you have further trouble.
  • Hi, so to clarify: to be safe, I just deleted and downloaded the Zotero 5.0.8 again - which is the only option I see on your site for MAC. I click the Install Connector which takes me to your Download page. The Connector button you have to click, does not work. So I still don't have a Connector. I get no messages. Just nothing happens. I also tried to Install in Browser from your drop down menu on Zotero. Same issue.
  • And also, I am using Chrome as my browser
  • If you're using Safari, the extension will appear in your downloads as Zotero_Connector-5.0.15.safariextz. You will need to open that and allow to be installed into Safari. In Chrome and Firefox you will get a direct prompt to install inside the browser.
  • In Chrome, I have checked the Extensions in the SETTINGS. There is not update option or a Zotero extension. And as I mentioned last night, this is my first time so I have not used Zotero so far.
  • Hi, just saw your reply. Nothing happens thats why I am still asking.
  • Does it work if you try directly from Chrome Store? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zotero-connector/ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc

It is not out of the question that existing extensions, such as adblock or noscript might prevent the download button from working on the Zotero download page. Do you run any other extensions?
  • i run Mendeley and Pocket and its works well.
  • i think it maybe because Chrome wont update on my laptop. Although the other extensions work, Zotero wont work on the older one. Sigh. I will use it on safari for now. thank you for your support
  • Oh yeah, the Chrome extension requires a recent version of Chrome. On the other hand, you will increasingly see more problems with lots of software, including the Zotero client if you don't update your OS, which, unless you are on a super old Mac, you should be able to go up to 10.11.
  • the thing is that I just updated the latest OS for this 2012 model. It is 10.11.6.
  • What version of Chrome do you have? You should be able to install the latest version of Chrome and the latest version of the Chrome connector on 10.11.
  • oddly enough i cant so i wrote to Google about it. I get a long error msg. I have this version Version 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit

and it doesnt let me install Zotero's connector. Nothing happens. But it works on my Safari