Libreoffice V5 Crashes When Used With Zotero V5

I have been using Zotero 4.x for Firefox with Libreoffice 5.x on Ubuntu systems for sometime. I have upgraded my laptop to Zotero 5 in the last week. Libreoffice now crashes as soon as I try any of the operations from the buttons on the Zotero toolbar (e.g. insert citation, or set document preferences, even unlink citations).

Zotero 5 seems to work well on its own and with Firefox (for capturing online sources) but Libreoffice crashes on any operation involving Zotero even when I start with a new document, and whether or not Zotero is open.

I tried to log some Debug data but the Libreoffice crashes on using Zotero buttons doesn't seem to generate any Debug output. I'm happy to run any procedures that might diagnose the problem.

I notice a similar problem reported yesterday - see https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/66569/libreoffice-crashes-when-clicking-on-insert-citation. Forum managers, please feel free to merge these discussions if appropriate.

----------My System-----------
Libreoffice Version: 5.3.3.2
Zotero Version: 5.04
  • Let's continue in that other thread: does LibreOffice crash when using the buttons even when Zotero is closed?
This discussion has been closed.