Top toolbar disappeared

edited June 22, 2017
The top toolbar on my Zotero (which lets me minimize, maximize, close, etc) disappeared. I also can't use the mouse to adjust its size or move it around. It's frozen in place on the screen. Ideas?
  • which Zotero version & what troubleshooting (such as restart Zotero, restart computer) have you performed?
  • version 4.0.28 and I have restarted Zotero and my computer with no change.
  • unclear whether this is the Firefox or the Standalone version, but in either case, update Zotero -- you should be at version 4.0.29.17 at a minimum
  • it's the standalone version i'm having trouble with; it opens fine in firefox. thanks for the tip. it's meant to automatically update, so how do i manually do that?
  • Which operating system?
  • Mac, Sierra
  • Just re-install the app then, that does the same as updating. I think auto updates were briefly broken some time during the 4.0.28 releases and you may have gotten "trapped" by that.
  • I won't lose all my data when I re-install? (I super appreciate your help!)
  • No, I'd have warned you about that. It really does the same thing as an update. (No need to remove the current version; just download and install Standalone again over the existing install).
  • that worked - thanks!!