Zotero won't accept username and password for syncing

I'm traveling and using a different laptop, so I just installed Zotero on this one. I've logged in and out a couple times online to make certain I'm entering the correct username and password in the standalone version I've downloaded, but Zotero still won't accept them, so none of my files appear in the laptop version, even though they show up online.

Any suggestions? Report ID number: 798935146
  • No special answer here. Clear the username and password fields entirely, restart Zotero for good measure, and reenter them.
  • Tried that. As soon as I open/re-start Zotero, it gives me the same message. Is there some way to get Zotero to "forget" what I've entered previously?
  • Not sure what you mean by that. If you clear the fields and restart Zotero, they should be empty, and it shouldn't attempt to auto-sync.
  • OK, so I cleared the username and password, then shut down Zotero and re-started it. It did not give me the automatic "password not accepted" message when I re-started it, so I re-entered my credential and clicked the "sync" icon. And THEN it gave me the same "username and password not accepted" message again.
  • There are no recent login attempts from the username you're posting from.
  • I think I've just figured it out.
  • Problem resolved. Thanks for the help.