No access to my libraries: after firefox update, but even after copying old zotero files

edited May 26, 2017
Hello,

really happy if somebody could help me! I had a problem after a firefox update. But after doing all the steps to restore my old library (copying the old zotero files incl. storage into the new data directory location) my zotero (firefox plugin) still does not access or show me my old libraries. I have no idea, what I can do anymore - the directory does show me that zotero looks for the data in the right places, but still my zotero stays empty.
This is what is in my zotero folder right now:
locate 5/25/17, styles 5/25/17, translators 5/25/17, storage 5/25/17 (712 files) zotero.sqlite 5/26/17 1004KB, zotero.sqlite.bak 5/25/17 1004kb, zotero.sqlite-journal 5/25/17 1004kb

Since there are quite many files in my storage and the data directory location is the right one, how can my library still be blank?

Thanks already very much if someone has an idea, what could be wrong!
  • What are the names and sizes of the files in your active Zotero data directory?
  • This is what is in my active zotero data directory right now:
    locate 5/25/17, styles 5/25/17, translators 5/25/17, storage 5/25/17 (712 files) zotero.sqlite 5/26/17 1004KB, zotero.sqlite.bak 5/25/17 1004kb, zotero.sqlite-journal 5/25/17 1004kb

Since there are quite many files in my storage and the data directory location is the right one, how can my library still be blank?
  • 1004KB would be an empty database. Do you still have the original zotero.sqlite from your backup (or "Old Firefox Data", if you did a Firefox reset)?
  • PS: Active Data directory is what I get from preferences->files and folders->show data directory
  • "would be an empty database" Oh no, I don't know why its empty. I copied it from my old firefox files. So I don't think there is another copy (just searching though).

Still - it looks like the storage with the 712 subfolders is not empty, right? Wouldn't I still be able to get access to this data? Sorry for being very computer-illiterate!
  • So - finished my search. It looks like I have more firefox profiles and zotero.sqlite files.

zotero.sqlite 5/23/17 31.929KB, zotero.sqlite.bak 5/23/17 31928kb, zotero.sqlite.1.bak 5/23/17 31.584kb

I try to link this profile and folder as the new active data directory
  • dstillman - thank you very much! Now that I linked zotero to the NOT empty database (...). Your information that 1004kb means empty helped me to search for other zotero.sqlite files. Thanks a lot! This made my day!