Payment options

Hi - I'm working for a university and have a paid subscription to Zotero. I need to contact someone to discuss payment options other than having the subscription automatically renewed to my work credit card as this is against University policy. I've managed to disable the auto renewal, however my account now states that the account will revert to the free version. We use zotero to manage our academics publications and I am worried that will lose all of our publications if the account reverts to the free version. Can someone please let me know if it is possible to have Zotero send through an invoice annually so i can pay for the subscription manually.
Best wishes
Bronwen
  • 1.) With your current settings, you'll get a warning that your account will expire and a request to update a couple of weeks before your storage runs out. That should work, no?

2.) Even if your storage runs out, you're not losing anything. All Zotero data is stored locally (and all metadata syncs regardless of storage bought) so the worst that could happen is that some attachments don't sync across machines and to the online version until you have renewed.
  • My situation is similar to CCRC, though I have not been able to cancel the credit card for the automatic payment, which is my personal card. I'd like to do that and then be sure that my university will pay the bill when it's due (my primary linked email is now my university email). Can you advise? Thanks much! I love Zotero: I'm actually requiring that all my students use it this semester unless they can demonstrate they have an equal or better storage & citation system.
  • Email storage@zotero.org with details.
  • I emailed that email address on June 15th and have not yet heard back.
  • I don't think we received that email, so if you continue having issues please do email that address again, however I think you should be set for now.

Your issue was actually different in that your institution has a subscription that provides unlimited storage so you shouldn't need to pay for your account individually. We don't do a good job communicating this in the storage settings currently but there are improvements coming for that.
  • I'll email again. For freeware run by a non-profit, I think Zotero has amazing support. Thanks much!
  • I sent an email to storage@digitalscholar.org on August 14th but have not heard back. Is there another, better email address to write about this question? I'd like to be sure that my card won't get charged again. Thanks much.
  • It should be storage@zotero.org
    I don't know if that address at digitalscholar.org is monitored.
    In any case, it should be clear in your storage settings now that you won't be charged.
  • Thanks so much!