Cannot sync error #1095139887

I'm attempting to sync to use a group library and am getting an error with report ID 1095139887. I open my zotero standalone and click the sync icon. It spins for a moment or two and then goes to "not responding" before appearing with the error. Any suggestions on how to address this?
  • before appearing with the error
    What does it say?
  • Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.remove]. And then provides the report ID from above.
  • OK, this is likely due to security software on your system preventing Zotero from accessing your Zotero data directory. If you previously used Zotero for Firefox and your data directory is within your Firefox profile directory, moving the data directory elsewhere might help. (The upcoming Zotero 5.0 will automatically move it to "Zotero" in your home directory, so that'd be a good location.) If that doesn't help, or if your data directory is within the Zotero Standalone profile directory, you'd have to experiment with temporarily disabling your security software.

It could also simply be due to incorrect permissions in your Zotero data directory, but that's somewhat less likely.