Create "book part" out of a book with publisher

Hey guys,
I'm new to using Zotero and I really love it! Thank you all for this awesome tool!

But there is also one comfort-feature which feels quite cruel to me and which I'm missing so far (or I'm just too stupid to find it):
I have several books in my library which where not written by the same person who published them and which contain many parts/texts I want wo quote. So I entered the books with its publisher(s).
Now I want to add the relevant "book-parts" to my library to quote texts from the separate authors within those books. Why is there no easy feature to create "book-parts" out of a book which already exists within my library, which automatically copies the information (booktitle, publisher, date, ...) from the original book over to the new "book-part"?

This really feels like unnecesary work to me, especially if you have to create 3 or more "book-parts" which belong to the same book and always have to enter the information from scratch.

(I hope my problem is understandable despite my limited english-skills xD)
  • Right-click on the book item and choose "Duplicate Item", then change its item type to "Book Section". This will transfer the Title field to Book Title and keep all of the common fields (publisher, date, editors, etc.) intact.

The Zutilo plugin also has a shortcut that does all of those steps together in one button (as well as creating an item for the whole Book out of a Book Section item).

(If you'd prefer to write in a different language, feel free. There are people who read most European languages on these forums.)
  • Thank you so much!

As I said - I was just too stupid to find it :D

That solved my problem, but I think a dedicated feature/button, which also deletes the publishers of the duplicated book from the newly created "book section" would be a great comfort for future releases.