Problem here that I do not know how to handle:

I have experienced the following errors recently:
Zetero Connector has experienced the following errors since it was first started:
JavaScript Error: “Attempting to use a disconnected port object” {file:”extensions::messaging” line: 60}
JavaScript Error: “getTranslators: detection is already running” {file: “chrome-extension://ekhagk1cjbdpajgpjgmbionoh1pdbjgc/zotero/translation/translate.js” line: 1056}
I sent an error report: Report ID:1756019170
I have been asked to post this message to the Zotero forums at [forums.zotero.org]
I get weird messages like: the last time I used this site it caused a serious problem…when I attempt to open a Word doc. I do not know how to rectify the issue.
  • those errors aren't actual indications of problems.
    If you're having problems with Zotero, we'd need a more detailed description of them (together, most likely, of an error report from Zotero Standalone, not the Chrome connector).
  • I found my directory...but somehow an article that I linked to my directory...wound up on a different directory of Zotero and I cannot determine how to link it to my original directory.
  • Not sure what you mean here. What do you mean by "directory"? What do you mean by "an article that I linked to my directory"?

Zotero has "collections" and "items", and it's easy to copy or move items between collections. Reading through this page might help:

https://www.zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags