Zotero 5 enhancement request

Hi Everyone:
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to make these enhancements requests. I recently upgraded to Zotero 5 and it is great--solved some problems I was having with my large library. I would like to mention two enhancements that would be great if they are possible and they both relate to Pubmed:
1. The ability to automatically "update" a citation. Pubmed citations can change over time--when they first enter the database they are not indexed. Over time they will be indexed and become more complete citations. If you download these "epub ahead of print" citations into Zotero---it would be great if Zotero had a function that you could invoke later to return to that database and pull in the updated information. In a large Zotero library it would be very helpful to be able to select multiple citations to update.

2. The ability to retrieve pdfs for citations in Pubmed. (I know this one is a challenge--but I just want to convey the interest for this enhancement in case it can be considered!

Also, thank you to the developers who work on Zotero and to those who monitor the forums and provide support. Your work is greatly appreciated!
  • Both are planned, though almost certainly neither is going to be in the initial 5.0 release (but they aren't necessarily tied to a major release, so could be introduced in any point release later on).
    2.) is probably further ahead -- there's code in a ticket under review.