Moving pdftotext binaries

My computer has restrictions on execution of binaries outside of certain specific directories. Is it possible to move the pdftotext binaries to a location outside of the database directory?
  • No, though you can of course relocate the data directory. What OS is this? Any chance you can symlink in binaries from outside? (That probably doesn't work, but worth a shot.)
  • I am on Windows 7. It would not make much sense to put the entire database directory (which is now synchronised using OneDrive) in the directory where execution is allowed.
  • (which is now synchronised using OneDrive)
    that's strongly discouraged. You will almost inevitably corrupt your database that way.
  • edited March 6, 2017
    Can I use OneDrive just for the attachments, then? I see there is a WebDAV option, but a local directory would then work just as well.
  • I don't think you can specify OneDrive to just sync a subfolder, can you? Nor can you move the attachment folder outside of the Zotero data folder. So I'm pretty sure the answer is no. You can either find a 3rd party WebDAV provider or use Zotero's own storage solution.